I finally had to take Ryan and go explore the golf course. He was much more interested in watching water drip out of this rusty pipe. As long as he was happy and in no danger of disrupting the other golfers I was happy.
After inspecting the pipe for a while we moved onto throwing golf balls down the hill.
He would throw it down and I would throw it back up. It was a little like an easter egg hunt for him as he looked for the golf ball in the grass.
Then it was back to the pipe. I don't know what is so fascinating about dripping water, but Ryan can't get enough of it. This time he was a little more bold and actually touched the water. I'm sure it was the thrill of his afternoon.


I kept checking back with Zach to see how much longer we had. It seemed like everytime I checked he had the same number of balls left to hit. Of course he bought the large bucket, of course. FINALLY Zach finished and we headed back to the car.

It was pretty hot out and I was a really good sport so I decided I deserved a slurpee. We stopped at 7 Eleven on the way home. The orange flavor we got for Ryan was really icy and kept getting stuck and not coming up his straw. Mine was really slushy so I gave him mine for the ride home until I could help him with his. After about three minutes he asked for his orange slurpee back. I thought we were trading back. I was wrong.

I kept checking back with Zach to see how much longer we had. It seemed like everytime I checked he had the same number of balls left to hit. Of course he bought the large bucket, of course. FINALLY Zach finished and we headed back to the car.
It was pretty hot out and I was a really good sport so I decided I deserved a slurpee. We stopped at 7 Eleven on the way home. The orange flavor we got for Ryan was really icy and kept getting stuck and not coming up his straw. Mine was really slushy so I gave him mine for the ride home until I could help him with his. After about three minutes he asked for his orange slurpee back. I thought we were trading back. I was wrong.
He would alternate sips. One out of his, one out of mine. At one point he had both straws in his mouth and was drinking them at the same time. Brain freeze anyone?
The next time Ryan says he wants to go golfing, I think we will stick to backyard golf...
6 comments:
hahahahaha! PRICELESS!
I am still laughing over this one!!!!
That first picture is the cutest thing ever!! What a great story!
XOXO Melanie
It was actually worth it all for that picture with the clubs.
Tee hee. Two slurpees—what a good trade! ;)
He looks so cute with his clubs. This reminds me of a different golf post where you tried to go but they wouldn't let Ryan out on the course in the cart. Or something. And you got to get ice cream. Twice. Something like that. :) Yay for golf posts!
We actually took Jill mini golfing this week, and she also was very concerned about the golf balls. She was pretty sure she was supposed to hold it and carry it around. Why would she want to hit it away?! :)
OOps. Steven (with a V) is actually my son. I didn't realize he was signed on. That comment was from me.
Post a Comment