Friday, April 23, 2010

Please?

This morning I let Ryan feed Roxy. He carried the bowl over to her spot and set it down. She is trained not to start eating until we say, "Okay!" So she sits and waits for the command whenever anyone sets her bowl down (see below). Today when Ryan set it down I wanted him to be the one to say, "Okay!" So I asked him, "Ryan what do we say when we want Roxy to eat?" Silence. "Ryan what do we say?"

Ryan: "Please?"

He's got that one down. Can't argue with that. :)



We spent all morning visiting teaching, so we didn't get home until well after Ryan's normal lunch and nap time. He was very hungry and ate all his lunch. When he was done I got him down from his booster seat and went to get a new diaper for his nap. When I came back, he was gone. Then I saw his little feet hanging out of the dog crate. I guess he had found some blankets and was ready to take a nap wherever he could.


We went to Utah last weekend and got to see Ryan's cousin, Logan. Ryan loved it. He is a big Logan fan. We got some pictures from our trip developed last night and Ryan was sure to pick out all the pictures with Logan in them. His current favorite is the one below. He likes to carry it around and point to Logan. Today during lunch he even gave the picture a kiss.

I think we need to move closer to Ky and Geoff. :)





4 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I don't know which section made me smile more......

Jill said...

What a cutie-pie. (And what an obedient doggie!!)

Ky said...

Logan talks about Ryan everyday! Please move closer!! Logan pretended to go to the park with Ryan this morning. He made pretend PB&J sandwiches for himself and Ryan and then started talking to invisible Ryan about feeding the ducks. It was so cute. He even pulled out a snack for "Uncle Z" (it took me a few times before I figured that word out...) Thank you guys for meeting us last weekend. It was a big highlight for all of us!

Mimi Collett said...

Cute. Cute. Cute!! (With Logan) And I am so impressed that Roxy is so well trained!!