Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The One Where Kathryn Came to Vegas

Kathryn got to Vegas last Thursday morning. We went straight from the airport to In-n-Out, true Vegas style. After enjoying delicious burgers and fries and taking this sub-par photo we headed up to my house. Roxy fell in love with Kathryn right away. Specifically her feet. I have never seen a dog so inent on licking someone's feet. It was strange and annoying and I apologize, Kathryn. Some things can't be explained. Everytime we have visitors, it is clear that Roxy would prefer them over me. It's okay, quite honestly I would prefer them over her, so we're even.


On Saturday we had the Roses over for dinner. We didn't get any pictures of the actual people eating the dinner, but we did get a shot of the strawberry cake I made. I was happy when Kathryn initiated the picture taking so I wouldn't have to. She is great that way. Feel free to "ooo and aaahh" It tasted just as good as it looked, by the way. But I'm not bragging or anything. If you want to know more, just ask Kathryn. She is good at bragging for me. :)


On Monday morning we went down to the strip to see all the things that we didn't get to see on Friday night when we saw "O". Walking around during the day with less people and comfy shoes is the way to go. Ryan hadn't been downtown since the Poulton's came last July so everything was new to him and he loved it! There was so much to look at and explore and he throughly enjoyed hanging out with his new BFF Kathryn all day.

We parked at the Bellagio and saw the gardens and stuff. Ryan loved all the larger than life bugs. Bugs and boys... a winning combination.

It was sort of a hassle to have the stroller with us when Ryan was walking, but it saved us when we were walking outside. So in the end it was worth all the awkwardness and running into people.

This is quite possibly my favorite picture of all time. It captures Ryan's enthusiasm for our whole trip to the strip. I never would have guessed the walking the strip would provide so much entertainment for a baby. Perhaps I will start taking him down there more often. And by perhaps I mean, definitely not. I sort of hate the strip.

Kathryn got this sweet shot of the glass flower ceiling thing in the Bellagio. Did I mention all my pictures from Kathyrn's trip were from off her camera? Apparently she rocks at taking pictures just as much as I suck at taking pictures. That's why we are friends.

Just to prove that she is the most awesome "Aunt K" of all time, Kathryn let Ryan throw pennies into a fountain outside of the hotel. He loved it and just kept saying, "more" after each penny. We cut him off at 3. We're in a recession and can't be throwing money away on silly toddler dreams these days. Sorry, dude.

I love this picture of Kathryn. A true tourist.

One of the coolest things we did was walk through the new City Center. It was my first time. We walked through their indoor mall. They had all kinds of cool things for Ryan to look at. These were tubes of water that made little tornadoes. There was also water and neon lights on the circle that Ryan is standing on. He thought it was awesome. So did I.

Apparently my face is pregnant. Ryan is cute though.

This kid loves stairs.
We ended the afternoon at the Hard Rock Cafe. It was my first time and it did not disappoint. My honey mustard chicken sandwich was delish. Kathryn became a lifetime VIP member. As the cashier said when she presented Kathryn with her official card, she is now a "Rocker for Life". She took the words right out of my mouth.


***Still missing you, K!!!!

6 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

The cake definitely looks oo and aaa worthy. I feel like I have been denied something great by being out here and not over there, eating your cake. :)

I think an essential part of friendship is having one rock at what the other sucks at. Haha :)

That's cool that the City Center is done! And neat that they included so many cool features on the inside.

I'm glad K took so many good pictures for you to swipe. :)

Again, yay for friends!

And haha, until you wrote that you still hated the Strip, I was starting to wonder if it had grown on you. :)

Konfusion with a K said...

Wow!!! 2 posts dedicated to me!! I feel all special, heh heh. I haven't had time to load my pictures to the macbook and do work on them. work is kind of getting in the way of all my attempts, haha. gotta love a 4-day week though!! :)

PS, DEFINITELY still missing you. give that little monster a big hug from me :)

Jodi said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! So glad you got to spend some time together. And I am just a bit envious too.

Heindogs said...

Its so great to have great friends! The pics are awesome!

Jill said...

Beautiful photos! Luscious cake! Great times! So happy for you.

Empty Nester said...

I always wondered who this "ardent" follower Konfusion with a K was....it was finally great to "meet" her on this blog!!!! (Even if Ryan likes her better than me....)