Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Red Dirt
I have a doctor's appointment today right in the middle of Ryan's normal nap time. So this morning I had been doing everything I could to tire him out in hopes of a earlier nap today. We went on a walk around the block (with Ryan actually walking) and then headed home for a smoothie for lunch to be eaten while running around in the backyard. It was about ten minutes before I was ready to try and put him down for a nap. I ran inside to make an english muffin as one last attempt to nourish this kid (unlike his mother, eating is NOT his strong suit). I must have been gone for under a minute and I come back into the backyard to find this:
He was literally giving himself a dirt bath. He would take hand fulls of dirt over his head and just let the dirt run through his fingers. Nevermind the fact that I picked out that cute outfit so he would look decent for the babysitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Just think of what he is going to teach his baby brother!!!!!
I hope you don't mind that I am laughing very hard. A dirt bath? Really? I would love to know what he was thinking... "Dirt. On my head. Sounds like fun. I will do it. And Mom will think it is so cool."
Haha. A dirt bath. He's very creative! (And the outfit you picked out for the sitter was very cute!)
Boys will be boys. I'm constantly amazed at the things that boys pick up all on their own–it just comes naturally to play in the dirt.
Glad he went down for a nap a little early for you!
Post a Comment