Thursday, September 16, 2010
Babies, Bouncers and Birthdays
We came home from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. There is something so fun about seeing your newborn in something other than the hospital issued white shirt for the first time.
Just when we thought he couldn't get any cuter, we put that monkey bib on.
I was so excited to get home and see Ryan and my mom. I always enjoy my hospital stays. I love that nurses come and bring you meals three times a day. I love that I can lay in bed all day if I want. I love the crushed ice and water they keep by your bedside. But... I love being home with BOTH my babies more.

We forgot to bring socks. But I love his little monkey feet in this picture.
Surprisingly, Brady didn't mind being buckled into the car seat at all. In fact he fell right asleep when we got in the car.
The blanket that Aunt Deb sent for Brady works perfect for a car seat blanket. Brady loves it! (and so do I)
My mom and Ryan made this awesome sign for when we got home. There is Thomas the Tank Engine confetti taped all over and Ryan scribbles in different colors. It was just perfect.
Ryan has been a little champion since we have been home. He has been perfectly content playing with his train set and watching his new Thomas movie (Thank you Snavelys!).
I tried out a sling I had with Ryan yesterday. Brady looked way too cute to not take a picture. He liked the sling okay, but still prefers to be held by an actual person.
Ryan rediscovered the bouncer last night. We had it stashed behind the couch. He loves it just as much as he did when he was two months old. (And now he can bounce it himself! Score!)
Yesterday was my mom's birthday! We surprised her with a birthday cake from Baskin Robbins. I had big plans of making a cake for her, but somehow I got busy with having a baby and everything so that will have to wait for another year.
We told her we were going on a walk and went and picked up the cake instead. I think she was surprised. (Ryan loves the candles on the cake. Fire is fascinating to him.)
Brady loves his grandma already. He is 45 minutes late for a feeding in this picture and happy as ever in grandma's arms. I have loved having my mom here. I don't know if I could have survived the last few days without her. She has been taking Ryan and Roxy on their morning walks and buying me a whole hour of sleep in the morning. She fixes Ryan lunch and keeps him happy while I am nursing. She offers to hold Brady so I can have a break and she does the laundry, dishes and feeds the dog. She is awesome. Thanks mom! (and happy birthday!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
yesss...hooray for the pictures and updates. Brady is so cute and snuggly, esp in that little sling! I'm so glad you are finally home, and EXTRA glad you have your amazing mom to help. Mom's really are lifesavers!
Too cute in the monkey bib! Yay for moms! :) I love Baskin Robbins cakes. And I love all of those things about hospitals, too! Awwww I have many memories of Ryan in the bouncer. sniff sniff
Thank you for the comments and photos of the blanket here and on facebook....it was a joy to knit for such a precious baby. Until I get Grammy Pammy knitting again, I will have to practice on the your boys. Wait til you see what I've got planned......
monkey equals adorable! This post made me so happy and also just made me think how much I love you mom!! You guys are so great. Tell her happy late bday from me and squeeze your cute boys
Yes, I agree your mom is great. I love her, too! You sure gave her a nice birthday gift this year!
Congratulations on coming home. Your sweet baby is beautiful! So, so happy for you. Way to go, Ryan, on being such a loving big brother.
Post a Comment