Monday, December 27, 2010

The Christmas Post.

No matter how hard we dreamed, this was as white as our Christmas got:

Luckily, Ryan had nothing to compare it to and enjoyed playing with his trains in the "snow" for some time. My mom sent a Thomas the Train "Ultimate Christmas" DVD earlier in the month that has been on non-stop, so it was nice for Ryan to finally play out the snow scenes with his toy trains.

Zach cooked Christmas Eve dinner AND Christmas morning breakfast. I know what you're thinking and no you can't have him, he's mine.

For dinner we had steak and shrimp, salad, crescent rolls and baked potatoes, with sparkling cider of course.
During Christmas Eve dinner Brady started sucking his thumb! It was the cutest thing he has done to date. I hope he keeps it up. I have always wanted a thumb sucker. Thumbs are much harder to misplace than those blasted binkies!

It was our first Christmas Eve on our own so we just made it up as we went along. We read the nativity story and acted it out with our nativity set. We watched "The Night Before Christmas", put the presents from grandma under the tree and made cookies for Santa. Cookies for Santa- now there's a tradition I can really get behind. Someone has to eat those cookies!

Ryan didn't know to be excited and wake us up at 4am like we used to do to my parents so we came down the stairs at the reasonable hour of 7:30am. :)

Stockings were fun and Ryan enjoyed reaching in to pull out more, and investigating each item as he pulled it out. Some stocking favorites included: Cars magnets for the fridge, chocolate, and Sir Topham Hatt.
Some stocking un-favorites included: a grapefruit. Haha, I had to do it. It's tradition!
Ryan must have been a good boy this year because Santa brought him just what he asked for! A train!
Ryan hasn't stopped playing with his train since he opened it and he brings it with him whenever we leave the house. He even sleeps with it. That is some serious train love.

If not for my mom, Roxy would have had a present-less Christmas (as she should- she is just a dog you know). Lucky for her, my mom sent her a new toy for Christmas. I was surprised at how excited she was about it. She took it into the toy room and was throwing it in the air, then she ran laps with it and finally settled down with us in the front room but never let the toy out of her paws. I think if I let her, she would have slept with her toy too.

This was my favorite present under the tree! He is getting cuter everyday.

Another Christmas morning favorite was this awesome car ramp my mom sent for the boys. Even though Brady was less than impressed, Ryan played enough for the both of them!

Since Brady is too little to pick out his favorite Christmas presents, I did it for him. How cute are these outfits from Zach's Aunt Susie?! Seriously, Adoraaaaaaable!

Oh yea, Brady got his first mohawk on Christmas too. :)

(I love that you can tell he is smiling from the side in this picture.)

Brady was lookin' spiffy yesterday at church in his new clothes. I love this little guy!
**I thought about posting this news to facebook but it is too big of a deal for that! Brady slept 8 hours last night! (9:45pm-5:40am) and then two more hours (6am-8am)! Wa to the hoo! I am so excited about this. Even though I am sure it was a fluke and he will be back to his old ways tonight, it is nice to know he has it in him and that he is moving in the right direction! :)

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! ...Now on to 2011!

5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Will keep my fingers crossed about the night-time sleeping!!!! Adorable pictures of all! Maybe Brady thought he was sucking on a shrimp???

Mom & Dad said...

So cute and what nice traditions you have started.....next year I may come for Christmas Eve dinner, too!!

Mimi Collett said...

Yay for self soothing techniques like thumb sucking! And I feel your pain about the binkies. We went on vacation with four. Now we're down to two. One disappeared (probably fell out the car door somewhere), and she chewed a hole in the other one. What an animal! :)

Brady's new outfit that he wore to church yesterday is SO CUTE. I was just lamenting about having trouble finding boy Sunday clothes. Little girl dresses were so easy to find. Where is some good plaid without animals on it when I need it? :)

And I am so happy that he slept so long!! I am glad you got some good sleep. Oh sleep. You never know how much you need it until it's gone!! I remember intentionally staying up (or trying to) all night when I was in middle and high school. Oh how different things were!!

And I love that Ryan got to play in his "fake" snow. :) We definitely were on the opposite end of the snow spectrum up in Wisconsin! My grandma left her 75 degree Houston to join us. Haha.

Jodi said...

What a great Christmas. Not bad for your first solo holiday venture. My goodness Brady is cute in those plaid overalls. He looks so happy. It was also fun to see Ryan's expressions in the different photos. He does not look impressed with that grapefruit at all. And tell Zach that I think his culinary skills are awesome!

Angela and Mike said...

haha "wa to the hoo". WAY TO GO brady! And he is so cute and looking so much older than the last time I saw him. Looks like Christmas was a success. We can't wait to see you and play with all the new toys!