***Zach and I gave talks in church today. Easter, I know. No pressure, right?! I resisted the urge to open my talk with, "The Easter Bunny is your mom and dad." I consider that a success. :)
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Happy Easter
Ryan woke up bright and early and burst through our door exclaiming, "Let's see if the Easter Bunny came!" He was super excited, especially since I'm not sure he even knew what was going on. Kids are so cute.
We... uh I mean the Easter Bunny... left Ryan's Easter basket on the chair so it was waiting for him when he came down the stairs. He got a new motorcycle, a shovel and a Curious George movie. The first thing he did was break open all his eggs and eat every piece of candy he could get his hands on. Needless to say, breakfast- for him- didn't happen.
Brady was happy to just watch all the action from his high chair. I could just eat this little baby up. He is the cutest. He busts out the biggest smiles when he sees the camera.
Next up: the egg hunt! We had a ward egg hunt earlier in the week so Ryan knew what to expect. He was so excited!

Zach... uh I mean the Easter Bunny... was in charge of hiding the eggs. I was impressed. He color camouflaged several of the eggs- green ones in the grass, yellow ones in the Tonka truck, etc. He didn't cut Ryan any slack. Ryan loved it.


He found all 36 eggs! I think he needs a little competition. Hopefully Brady can get in on the fun next year and give Ryan a little run for his money, or his eggs as the case may be.
This is Brady coming inside after the egg hunt. See what I mean about the cute smiles!?
Once we got in, Ryan got right down to business opening every egg and emptying the candy into a bowl.
He was especially excited about the chocolate. He requested that each one be unwrapped as soon as he pulled it out of the egg, then he would eat it. Needless to say, lunch- for him- didn't happen. Scary.
Ryan was so hyped on sugar- I have never seen him so hyper. He was literally rolling around on our bed non-stop while we tried to wrangle him into his church clothes. I'm sure nursery today was awesome. To my credit, sacrament meeting snacks included carrot sticks, grapes and string cheese. I tried to do a little damage control but the fact is when you have an average of 3 jelly beans per egg times 36 eggs you get 108 jelly beans. That's a lot of sugar no matter how you slice it.
After church I made the kids sit while I took pictures. I realized I need to take pictures of them together more often. They turn out so cute.


Brady lasted longer than Ryan did in the photo department. The fact that he can't get up and walk away when he is sick of it had something to do with it I'm sure.
***Zach and I gave talks in church today. Easter, I know. No pressure, right?! I resisted the urge to open my talk with, "The Easter Bunny is your mom and dad." I consider that a success. :)
***Zach and I gave talks in church today. Easter, I know. No pressure, right?! I resisted the urge to open my talk with, "The Easter Bunny is your mom and dad." I consider that a success. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
haha, thank GOODNESS you resisted the urge to give away the Easter bunny :) Were your talks about Easer, or another topic? Our ward had a normal meeting with no talks about Easter..>I was a little bummed.
Your boys are so cute. I love those heart warming smiles from Brady, and that he gives them on cue.
Looks like Easter was a success. I think I'm going to be throwing away a lot of candy in the next couple of days. Too much candy!
Haha. Bravo on resisting that urge!! :)
I am so impressed that he found 36 eggs!!
And I don't think I'll ever get enough of Brady's smiles.
I ate too much candy too...must be genetic. The boys look so handsome in their Easter suits. I bet your talks were awesome.
The new picture of Brady and Ryan...almost looks like Brady is thinking...she puts me down next to a sugar crazed kid?? What????
Post a Comment