Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hey Batta, Batta!

Yesterday we ran into a sports store so that Zach could look at some shoes. Ryan and I were wandering around the aisles looking at all the sports equipment when he happened upon a baseball helmet. He wanted to try it on and I thought, "Why not?" He wore it all over the store and fell in love. Next we had to look at the baseballs and the bats. He was really good about putting the helmet back when we had to go, but he had dreams of coming back and buying it after his nap.

My reasoning for why he couldn't have it was that I didn't have any money. As soon as we got home he went to find his piggy bank to get some money. As I was putting him down for his nap he said, "and when I wake up we can go back to the store and buy the baseball and the baseball hat." He was really sold on this idea.

Sure enough, the first thing he said when he woke up was, "I am ready to go back to the store now. I have money from my piggy bank." Unfortunately, he only had $1.28. The helmet alone was $25. We decided to try D.I. and Ryan was thrilled to find a "baseball hat" that he could be happy with. Granted it is a fake baseball helmet but he doesn't know the difference. He loved his new baseball helmet.
When we got home it was time for bed. Surprisingly DI did not have any baseballs, so on the way home Ryan was telling us that we needed to stop at another store to buy a baseball and a bat. I told him that if he was really good and went to sleep we could go to the dollar store when the sun came up and pick out his very own baseball and bat. Ryan held me to my promise and burst through my bedroom door at 6:30am declaring that "The sun is out! It's time to play baseball!" Luckily the Dollar Store opens at 7am. I was happy to find a bat and a ball all for a buck! As soon as we got home Ryan ran for the backyard to play ball. And this was all before we even had breakfast!



I was shocked that he could actually hit the ball! When we were at the store I was trying to pressure him into getting a dorky looking fat bat with a wiffle ball, but he would have none of it. He wanted the one that looked like the real thing. He is growing up way too fast!

7 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I LOVE this. Ryan is too cute. I can't wait to come over and play baseball with Ryan!

Janice Richardson said...

We loved this. Isaac liked the batting and Amy liked the dog. :)
Ryan's a natural!

Mimi Collett said...

I am so impressed!! (Jeff says "it's just luck." Ha ha.) ;)

Mom & Dad said...

He is ready for the sport I think....next step is running bases!! I love the new picture at the top of the blog!! So cute and happy brothers!

Jodi said...

What a slugger! GO RYAN!

Empty Nester said...

I am so in love with your boys!!! Seriously, do they come any cuter than this????? Seriously!!!!

Rach said...

I lov that Roxy is such a dutiful pooch - she's watching intently the whole time!

p.s. J only wants to sleep in my lap today, so re-reading your older blog posts is my entertainment :)