Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wheeler Farm

We met up with my friend/old coworker and her cute son at Wheeler Farm this afternoon. It was so fun to see Amber again and meet her little boy, Will. We were pregnant at the same time in the good ol' Teacher Education Department and it was so awesome to see our little boys play together for the first time!
Lucky for Ryan, Will loves to throw rocks into water too! Who cares about cows, sheep and horses to look at when there is a perfectly good creek to throw rocks in?! Clearly not these boys.

Brady was a trooper and spent most of his time in the stroller. Once we stopped to throw rocks, however, he was D. O. N. E. done. I held him the rest of the time and he loved it.
Another highlight of the trip was the tractor drawn wagon ride. The boys ate it up. The moms loved it too- up until the teenage tractor driver drove us right through the sprinklers getting us soaked in the process. I so did not sign up for that! The boys thought it was awesome though, so I gave her (the driver) a pass.
I asked Ryan to take a picture of Amber and I for blog's sake. This is what we got. Not too shabby if you ask me. I was impressed he got both our heads in the shot.

We can't wait to explore Salt Lake some more in the future with Amber and Will!

4 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Jill is obsessed with rocks. They must be hard for any toddler to pass up. And throwing them in a creek seems exceptionally fun.

Yay for seeing old friends again!

I can't wait until the day we get to see each other again!!

Jodi said...

What fun! Looks like you had a blast.

Empty Nester said...

I don't know if Grammy told you this but Logan was so obsessed with the rocks at my old house he collected a bucket worth!!! Ky let him pick a sandwich baggie full to take home. And they were just driveway rocks!!!

Amber Handy said...

We had a blast too :-) Will couldn't stop talking about Ryan. We will be calling you in a few weeks to schedule our next outing!