Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

In honor of Halloween, Ryan and I decided to {finally!} carve our pumpkin. Ryan helped me pick the face and was excited to pull off the top once I had it cut out. When it came time to get the guts and seeds out, however, he took one hand full and said, "No thank you!" He watched the rest of the time. I asked him if he wanted to get his hands dirty, thinking it would be any three year old boy's dream. He replied, "I only get my hands dirty in dirt." Fair enough.

Ryan liked to poke the pieces out as I cut them and then put them back in. It took a little convincing to get him to believe that we would, in fact, leave the pumpkin with holes for his eyes, nose and mouth. After I showed him how it will light up from the inside he seemed to be on board with the whole idea. Old Jack will look great tonight on our porch as we greet the Trick or Treaters. Ryan keeps asking me what the Trick or Treaters' names will be. He has been eyeing the Costco bag of candy on the counter all weekend and I guess he wants to know exactly who it's going to.

And because no Halloween post is complete without something utterly terrifying ...

BOO!
***Feel free to comment on how jealous you are of my hair. I know it is awesome.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

GREAT posts. love the mini pumpkins...I DO love mini things, in case you didn't remember :) The costumes are fantastic. And Ryan dancing around in his underwear while getting a bath, yeah, that is awesome. You guys are pretty much the coolest family I know.

Jodi said...

Your pumpkins were awesome...your hair even more so!