Saturday, February 25, 2012

St. George Randoms

We've been in St. George for the past week. It has been such a treat to get away for a little while. We lucked out and Parade of Homes was going on the week we were here. We bought tickets the first day and spent the week looking at some awesome homes. Going through million dollar homes with a one and three year old was a little stressful for me but on a whole the boys did great. My low point was looking at the shower in a million+ dollar house, hearing something hit the floor and looking down to see half a Rice Krispy treat that Brady was supposed to be holding. I snatched it up and had it in my mouth in one fell swoop. I don't think anyone was the wiser. It was sunny driving from house to house so we let Brady wear some sunglasses. He hammed it up and loved wearing them.
Ryan and I spent one afternoon waiting for Brady to wake up playing some games we found at Grammy's St. George house. Ryan's favorite was a Scooby Doo themed Trouble game. I couldn't believe how quickly he caught on to the rules. At one point we were playing the game, chewing gum together and genuinely enjoying each other's company- laughing at jokes together, talking about plans for the rest of the day, when it hit me- Ryan is a kid. He is not a baby. Baby's don't understand that when you roll a six you get another player on the board. Baby's don't chew gum. Baby's don't make jokes, let alone jokes that are actually funny. I don't know how it happened. But Ryan grew up. I love it and hate it at the same time. I can say, however, that I am LOVING the boy he is becoming. He is so fun.
My sister, Anne and I ran a half marathon- completing a pregnancy induced goal I had. Turns out I can run half as far as the contestants on Biggest Loser. I finished in 1 hour 53 minutes- blowing my 2 hour 15 minute goal out of the water. It feels good to have it done.
The other day I took the boys to the park. It was a nice day and there were TONS of kids running around. Brady found this little perch and hung out there just watching the other kids go crazy for a good 15 or 20 minutes. He was so content just taking it all in and very proud of himself for getting up on the equipment. Truth be told, I was very proud too.
I took Ryan on a "date" while we were here. We went to the Wildlife Museum. He loved the fact that they gave him binoculars to use but hated the animals. He was scared most of the time and the simulated thunder storm where they turned the lights out and flashed lightning with sound effects about sent him over the edge. He got braver toward the end and I think it was a positive experience for him. I made sure to buy him an over-priced toy train in the gift shop just to ensure the whole date wasn't a bust.
That's all for now!

6 comments:

Holly said...

1 hr 53 minutes??!!! I was just going to text you to see how it went, but now I know...it went awesome!! GOOD JOB!!! I am super impressed!!! Glad you guys have had a fun time. We are definitely feeling some Bellows withdrawals here--we feel like it's been forever since we've seen you guys! :) Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Mimi Collett said...

I am so impressed about your half marathon!! You are amazing. :)

What a fun week!

I miss Ryan baby. :( But it does sound like fun to have a "kid." I don't think Jill could understand rules to a game yet.

Jodi said...

Awesome post! Congrats on the 1/2 marathon. Your time is spectacular! Way to go!

Jodi said...

Oh and Brady looks super cool in his shades btw.

Mom & Dad said...

Those animals are so big and I can see from a almost 4 year old perspective that they are a little scary!! I am with him on that one...love all the pics and updates of time in St George.

Angela and Mike said...

WHAT? you are SO FAST? 1 53? AMAZING. Seriously, you are are my hero. And, I love all the stories about Ryan. I am pretty sure that he is the sweetest most wonderful boy on the planet. I just love him, he was the perfect friend for Colton. Brady picked a nice perch spot there :)