Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Preschool- Easter Edition

We started celebrating Easter on Thursday when we had an Easter Themed preschool. We made bunny ears, had bunny races and played pin the tail on the bunny. It was a blast. And these pictures were too cute not to post.
Getting ready for the bunny races. They started off hopping, but as the racing got more intense it just turned into a running race.
Here's Ryan with the pin the tail on the bunny set up. Both he and Tucker pinned their bunny tails very accurately- there may have been some peeking involved. Ha.The highlight of the day was the Easter egg hunt at the end. Here are the boys going through their loot. Brady didn't get a single egg but was more than happy to walk around with his basket for the rest of the day. This was the first week that he hung around throughout the whole preschool without me having to put him down for a nap. He loved it. I really loved the fact that Ryan is old enough to understand what Easter really is about. I snagged an idea off Pinterest of putting different items in plastic eggs that correlate with parts of the story of the Crucifixion and Resurrection. I let the boys take turns opening the eggs and we talked about why we celebrate Easter. The boys loved the activity and they really seemed to grasp the message I was trying to share.

2 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Those bunny games look like so much fun! What good ideas.

Holly said...

I love these pictures! You always do such fun things when you teach!!! I keep forgetting to tell you, but we have done many a "bunny race" since last week--cotton ball tail included. :)