Ryan was the first one up in the house and he came running into our room with all the excitement in the world saying- "The Easter bunny brought baskets for Easter!" Then he ran out of the room. A few minutes later he came running back- "The Easter bunny brought balloons for Easter!" (There were leftover balloons from a friend's birthday party the night before.) Looks like we just got ourselves a new tradition. haha.
Ryan recognizes his name on things now and was really excited to dig into his basket. Given the fact that Brady routinely sleeps in for an hour to an hour and a half past the time Ryan wakes up- we let Ryan open his basket all by himself.
It amazes me that each thing he pulled out was a surprise. You'd think he would just look at all the stuff in the basket but he was genuinely excited and surprised at every item. Brady eventually woke up and even though I don't think he was 100% ready to get out of bed, Ryan and I rushed to get him as soon as we heard him over the monitor.


Brady loved the egg hunt. He enjoyed being outside. At first he didn't quite get it, but as soon as he found out there was candy in the eggs he was all about finding them and putting them in his basket!


After the egg hunt we had french toast and smoothies for breakfast and got ready for church at hyper speed. We had Stake Conference so instead of 1pm church we went from 10-12. It was awesome- and gave us time to go up to my grandma's house for a delicious Easter dinner later in the day. (I didn't take a single picture there- I am so lame.) My sister Anne was staying with us Easter weekend and we loved having her here. She even took our picture on the way out the door before church :) It's a rare occasion to get us all in one picture. Thanks Anne! 
2 comments:
I love how alert Ryan looks and how "out of it" Brady looks for the first few pictures. And I love the family picture!!
Your kids are darling. It all looks so fun...the simple pleasures of childhood. Way to go, Mom and Dad (and Easter bunny).
Post a Comment