Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Lake, A Picnic and Five Guys

 Last week we went to Lake Atalanta again. Zach and Ryan fished and Brady threw rocks. I'm sure it is no surprise that the boys were skunked again. That's what you get when you go fishing with a one year old.
 Soon Ryan joined in the rock throwing. It resulted in a couple great "brothers" pictures.
 Friday afternoon we picnicked at our apartment complex. The boys loved it and we even met a little girl Ryan's age and little boy just a month younger than Brady. They were just in town visiting their grandma who lives in the complex, so we may never see them again, but it made for a fun afternoon play date that day! The little girl, Shelby, knew Ryan's name but insisted on calling him "boy".
 Since coming to Arkansas, whenever someone asks Ryan what his name is he responds, "Dash"- like Dash from The Incredibles. I took the boys to an exercise class last week and to this day the instructor thinks Ryan's name is Dash. I never corrected him. Ryan loved it.
 One highlight of the weekend? Five Guys! Ryan loves the peanuts and can actually eat a whole hamburger. He was bummed that we didn't go one last time in Orem, so imagine his excitement when we drove by one here in Arkansas! We had to go. Brady got a hot dog and ate the whole thing.

3 comments:

Mom & Dad said...

The look they are getting a good summer tan in Arkansas!! Ryan Dash Bellows...I love it!!

Rach said...

I love the romper Brady is wearing. And I love that you guys are having such a great summer adventure!

Rach said...

By the way, my family went on trips to Lake Oachita in Arkansas almost every summer when we lived in Texas. Arkansas's lakes are so beautiful! So glad you guys are enjoying them!