Monday, June 11, 2012

Recent Happenings

 On Saturday we went out to lunch at this little pizza place in downtown Rogers called The Rail. the food was great and it was a really fun atmosphere. If we didn't have only nine more weeks to squeeze in all the restaurants Rogers/Bentonville have to offer, we would totally go back. After lunch we headed across the street to a park in the shape of a train.
 Ryan was in heaven. The trip was made even better when we walked down the street and found a real life caboose that you could walk through and play on. There is a railroad that runs right through the center of downtown and Ryan got a kick out of seeing all the rail road crossing signs and seeing real railroad tracks. He never wanted to leave.
After Brady's nap we went the Lake Atalanta (one of our favorite places!) to take a paddle boat out for a spin. Ryan had been bugging me to take him on a boat ride ever since he saw one on a lake we drove by earlier in the week. The paddle boat seems to have appeased him for now.
 I have to say I was a little freaked out to have Brady in a boat in the middle of the lake. So he was treated more like cargo than an actual passenger for the majority of the ride.
 He never complained. I think he might have been a little nervous himself.

 This morning Ryan requested to wear the cute monkey outfit he got for his birthday from Aunt Susie. I wanted to take a picture to send along to her. Brady has a little romper with the same monkey on it so I really wanted a shot with both boys. Brady started freaking out when Ryan tried to put his arm around him though, so two separate pictures will have to suffice.
Monkey 1
Brady was not thrilled with this idea.
Monkey 2
 This afternoon we made paper airplanes and took them out back to fly them. Ryan and I decorated the paper and made the planes during Brady's nap and then flew them when he woke up. It took up a good amount of time and Ryan seemed to really enjoy it. It was an activity worth repeating.

And that's where we're at! Things are still going well and Ryan and I are getting more creative with our down time during Brady's nap. Story time last week at the library was a hit and we are looking forward to going again this week. After three weeks we are falling into more of a routine and I'm loving it!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thanks for the great updates! I have been reading but not commenting. Sounds like you are settling into a good routine. The summer will be gone before you know it!