Thursday, June 14, 2012

Splash Pad Adventure

 We went to the Rogers splash pad to kill the last hour before Zach got home from work on Wednesday. (That last hour WILL be the death of me before this summer is over.)
Ryan loves the splash pad. In Vegas there were splash pads at just about every park we went to. He never wastes any time getting soaked head to toe.
Brady is much more reserved. He is content just standing on the edge watching the other kids play. He is interested in the water and I think sometimes he wishes he were brave enough to venture in. Lucky for him he has a big brother who has enough courage for the both of them. I asked Ryan to show Brady the fountains, that he was feeling a little nervous. Ryan came right over and took Brady by the hand. He is such a good big brother. I was so proud of him.
Brady did a couple laps around the splash pad and got drenched! He loved it most of the time but got too much water in his face at one point and ultimately reverted back to a cautious observer after about 3 minutes.

 It was a fun three minutes while it lasted! I love Brady's face in the above picture. Ryan enjoyed taking him around and kept checking in with Brady to see if he wanted to hold hands again.
The prep shot
I love this action shot. Ryan entertained himself for a long time with this fountain and beach ball. If he got it just right the ball would spin and spin in the water stream until Ryan sat on the fountain and the ball would fall down and bounce off his head.
Success!
 Ryan is just so cute in these last photos, I had to include them. We went to the park today after lunch and Ryan flew us to Virginia to "see Grammy Pam and Grandma Jodi."

 Tomorrow we are headed to the Fire Station for a field trip with our ward. It should make for a fun Friday!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I just read through this post with Tucker, and after finishing he promptly said, "I want to go to Arkansas with Ryan." And he thought Ryan was smiling at US in that last picture. :) Looks like so much fun! We went to the Spanish Fork splash pad for the first time yesterday with some of the MBA wives. Tucker is definitely on the more cautious side, so he could really use a good friend to help him be a little more daring. We miss you guys & can't wait until you come back!!

Jodi said...

I am missing these little boys! Wish they could fly to VA on their playground equipment. The splash pad looks awesome!

Empty Nester said...

Sweet sweet boy Ryan!!!! I had to look at this story twice yesterday!!!