Monday, September 17, 2012

A Conversation with Ryan

Zach got shoulder surgery on Friday afternoon so we get to drive him to school until he gets off his medication. This morning we were dropping him off and we got there just in time. I must have mentioned that I didn't want him to be late to class because as soon as Zach closed the door and I started driving away the following conversation took place.

Ryan: Why don't you want dad to be late to class?

Me: Because I want him to learn everything he needs to learn and if he's late he will miss some of it.

Ryan: What does dad learn in class?

Me: He learns about finance and probably some other things. You'll have to ask him about it.

Ryan (contemplating to himself): Oh okay. He learns how to find ants...

Exactly.

5 comments:

Janice Richardson said...

Ha Ha! I love how little kids minds work! So cute!

Empty Nester said...

Hope Zach is doing better but he will miss out the interesting "discussions" when he starts driving himself. Another Ryan classic! I can hardly wait to hear the conversations between Ryan and Brady!!

Jodi said...

Makes more sense to me than Finance! Great reasoning skills! Way to go Ryan :)

Holly said...

Oh my goodness--so funny!!! :)

Mimi Collett said...

Love it. :)

And it actually reminds me of myself trying to figure out what my kids are saying. Jill the other day announced that there was an emergency, and I kept trying to figure out what kind of cheese she was talking about. (Luckily it wasn't a real emergency. It was an imaginary one.)