We participated in the annual Cougar Run at BYU
again this year. Zach and I ran the 5k and Ryan ran the kid's 200 meter fun run. Ryan has been looking forward to running in his "race" all summer long and would even run back and forth in front of our apartment to "train" for the big day.
It was super fun to have Ryan in on the running this year. He was so excited. He loved that he got his very own number and was thrilled when we told him the T-shirt was his for keeps.
My sister Anne drove down from Idaho to run in it with me, as is
tradition. She was certainly a trooper this year- keeping pace with a
19-week pregnant lady. Thanks Anne!
We got there in plenty of time to check in and freeze our buns off before the races began. Finally it was time for Ryan's race. It was adorable to watch. He did such a good job. He was bummed at first that he didn't "win" but he was pretty excited when we told him he finished in 10th place. 10 is his favorite number!
 |
| Ryan is the one with the red starburst over his head. The boys attempting to hug (?) next to him fell approximately .05 seconds after I took this picture. Sad day. Hugging and running do not go together. Lesson learned. |
Is there anything cuter than watching your 4 year old seriously run half a lap around a collegiate track? I submit that there is not.
Here is Ryan after the run. He did great! It makes me a little sad that we won't be around to run it next year. I could definitely have seen this becoming an annual family tradition!
Ryan had a supportive cheering section. Aunt Anne was there and Lindsey and Rick came to stay with the boys while Anne, Zach and I ran the 5k.
 |
| I love Brady in the background of this picture. I didn't even know he was there! |
Like I mentioned, it was pretty cold waiting for the races to start. Brady was so patient and completely happy to sit in the stroller all bundled up. He couldn't have been better!
My good friend, Holly and her husband Curt ran with us. It was so fun to have a little posse to run with this year. We lost Holly about half way through the run- she is fast! I was happy to not come in last. I slowed down considerably from last year- I guess growing a baby will do that to you, but I still finished in 30 minutes (and 30 seconds). I think that is about the same time I got the first time Zach and I ran the Cougar Run back in 2006- pre-kids! Can't complain about that.
I love doing things with Holly because she has an awesome camera and always gets great pictures. (Also,
she is awesome.) These last two pictures are from her camera. Below is the group shot of all the runners, plus Brady.
 |
| Brady, Holly, Curt, Zach, Ryan, Me and Anne |
I was so happy to have been able to run the Cougar Run one last time. It's my last race until the baby comes and I think it came at
just the right time. I think walking will become my exercise of choice for the next 6 months. Sayonara running! See you in 6 months!
P.S. Zach ran it in 25 minutes (say what?!?!) Go, Zach, Go!
6 comments:
I laughed out loud at the hugging boys. haha.
There is nothing in the world cuter than Ryan running around that track. Adorable.
And you rock for running at 19 weeks. Way to go! Miss you.
Ha. I go from reading you comment on my blog that you are done running, and then I go here and read that you did it in THIRTY minutes!! You are the super amazing preggo woman. :) I can't even imagine that speed.
And Ryan is so cute!! And that is funny that the poor little boy tried to mix hugging and running. I do love how eager to hug little kiddos are.
I know there is a walk here that elementary kids do as one of the events during the Flying Pig Marathon, but I don't know if they have any cute short runs like that. Jill would love it. She always wants to run with me and exercise. Sometimes she exercises at home. It's a pretty cute game.
I so agree that seeing Ryan concentrate on his running IS THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!
Oh my goodness--Ryan looks so cute running!! I wish we could've been there to watch him! Tucker & Calvin are sitting here looking at the pictures with me, & Calvin keeps yelling "Rynnnnn"! :) And, ahem, you're nice to say that I'm "fast"--when you were right there behind me, at 19 wks pregnant. You're the amazingly fast one! :) It was fun! And maybe when we're both millionaires in two years (haha) we can make it a tradition to fly back every year to run it together. :)
I sure missed being there this year to cheer you on :( Sounds like you didn't need me though! Great time. I agree that it will be sad to see this tradition end. We need to get Lindsey to run next year! And Ryan is awesome. I love the concentration and focus...very cute!
Pretty sure I didn't make it in <30 minutes when I did this run NOT pregnant. You're awesome!
Post a Comment