Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Winter Wonderland

 These pictures are a few weeks old now and I'm not sure how they never made it on the blog. A couple weeks ago we got snow. Lots of snow. I have not been overly ambitious in taking the boys out to play in the snow this year. It seems like it has snowed so much that it's not much of a novelty- unlike last year when we felt like we needed to get out and build a snowman every time it snowed since the snow only lasted a few hours at a time last winter. Luckily, Holly invited us over to play in the snow with her boys one morning. It ended up snowing just about the whole time we were outside. It truly was a winter wonderland.
Ryan and Tucker
There was probably 10-12 inches on the ground and the snow kept falling!


 We pulled out the kids' little snow mobile at one point and let them take turns sliding down a little mound of snow in the front yard. Before long, they preferred to just take rides down the sidewalk and back- resulting in the above picture of Brady and Calvin. So cute.
 Ryan got to make snow angels after he had been talking about them all winter. I think it was just as fun as he was hoping it would be.
Brady likes to be strong and was happy to give Calvin rides on the snow mobile all by himself.

We ended the morning with some hot chocolate and a little TV time. I was relieved when I was able to make it home (with a little bit of help from a good Samaritan in a big truck. He gave me the tracks I needed to get my car out of the parking space and on the road.)

Now that February is almost over and (I am hoping) our snowy days are nearing an end, I am really grateful that we took the opportunity to play in the snow while we had a chance!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ummm...did you really post this at 2:22 am?? I'm so sorry!!! I'm really glad we took the time to let the boys play in the snow that day--I haven't had any desire to do it since. :) Bring on the warm weather!

Mimi Collett said...

What a fun little snow mobile thing!

And what an amazing amount of snow! We have had so little snow this winter. We were able to make a snowman once. That's about it. Snow is so rare that whenever it does snow and stick for like an hour, Jill always proclaims "It's Christmas again!"