April has been a busy month. The days go by slow, but the weeks go by fast and the nights?
... I don't want to talk about it.
We started the month with a visit from Zach's mom. She was a lifesaver. She came during the last two weeks of the semester, which proved to be some of the busiest weeks of the whole MBA program for Zach. He would leave the house before 7am and would come home after 8:30pm every night. It was SO nice to have Pam here to keep me and the boys from killing each other company. Pam took care of dinner every night she was here, stayed with napping babies while I shuttled Ryan back and forth from preschool (saving me from having to load, unload and reload two tired little boys), and kept Camden content while I snuck in a few naps here and there. Like I said- total. life. saver. Thanks Pam!
Camden had a few really fussy days while Pam was here. I think he was going through a growth spurt. I reached levels of crazy that I didn't even know I was capable of. It was so not awesome. But we survived and children are awfully forgiving when it comes to crazy mothers. Thank goodness.
Sleep is as elusive as ever with a newborn in the house. Camden continues to sleep a lot, but somehow Zach and I are sleep deprived on a daily basis. It's getting better and things are moving in the right direction (Camden is sleeping for longer, more consistent stretches at night), but it is always surprising how tired you can be after 6 weeks of sleeping no longer than 4 hours at a time. I have hope that in the next few months we will get into a better sleep situation and hopefully I can keep the tired, grouchy version of myself at bay, for everyone's sake.
Ryan asked to hold Camden and about a minute into it he said, "I need a burp cloth!" Camden was in a deep sleep the whole time he was holding him. I thought it was pretty funny- but that could have just been due to my lack of sleep.
The boys continue to love on their baby brother. I have been so happy with how much they adore him and how understanding they are of the time it takes to care for a baby. They are always very patient when I am feeding him. I know that he gets the majority of my time right now and I have been very impressed at how much the boys accept that fact. My mommy guilt is in overdrive these days with not enough time to go around, but they are handling it awesomely.
Ryan had his last day of preschool on April 16th. It was a great year. Ryan learned a lot and made some great new friends. I was sad to see the year come to an end. I was feeling a little sentimental the last time I went to pick Ryan up so I made him take a picture with his teacher, Mr. Brad. I'm so glad I did. Preschool was such a positive experience for Ryan and now he is counting down the days until he gets to go to Kindergarten! So crazy.
| Mr. Brad and Ryan |
| Ryan and his classroom |
Camden has been working on his head control. He is such a strong baby!
It's been fun to see him awake more during the day. He looks so much like Zach- I love it!
Brady gets his hands on my camera every now and then. He holds the camera backwards so all the pictures end up being of himself. Cheese!
Camden is finally enjoying his baths. I fall in love with my babies all over again after they have a bath. Their hair is so fluffy and they smell so good- how could you not?
Sometimes Camden gets fidgety when you are trying to hold him. I have come to realize that he likes time to stretch and move his arms and legs. If you lay him on a blanket he stops fussing and will just kick around for quite some time. This is Ryan and Brady's favorite time to interact with him.
He doesn't mind tummy time the way my other two boys have. He is good at getting his head off the ground and it is just not a big deal to him. I know I say it all the time but he is such an easy going baby!
Camden gave us his best night of sleep yet this last Thursday. He slept from 10:30pm-4:30pm. 6 hours! It was awesome. He then continued to sleep until past 8:00am (I may or may not have woken him up by trying to take the picture below). It was the day after he hit 6 weeks. I swear 6 weeks is magic in babyland. He also started smiling this week, which is the best ever.
In other awesome news, Zach GRADUATED yesterday! (It deserves it's own post.) I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished. I can't believe how fast the past two years have gone by. It is bitter sweet to have it come to an end. We are definitely ready for a new routine and to get on with life, but coming back to school has been such a nice little break from real life. It has been such a fun experience and one we will remember fondly.
I had a friend in Las Vegas whose husband got his MBA a while back and when she found out we were going back for Zach to get his MBA she said, "You will never regret it." Now I know exactly what she meant. And it's true. We never will.
My sweet grandma joined me at the graduation ceremony. Lindsey was nice enough to stay with the boys. I was so happy to have someone to sit with while they read all those names and her support meant so much to me and Zach. Thanks Grandma!
4 comments:
This post is awesome and appreciated. Camden is adorable. Brady is adorable. Ryan is adorable. Their parents are pretty cute too. Love you guys and congrats to Zach and all of you for the completion of the MBA program. Truly a joint effort! Way to go Bellows!
Congratulations, Zach!
Aren't grandmothers wonderful?
I really like the tummy time picture of Camden.
I am glad he is sleeping well for you!!
Oh, the fog of the first few months of sleep deprivation . . . (even when your baby is a good sleep!)
You guys are all superhero status in my book! Go Zach! And you are just not even human! Thanks for acknowledging the crankiness of newborn moms. I am so impatient and snippy, but we're making progress. You are doing great (compared to your peer group of crazies like me) and your boys are super lucky! Keep it up!
Ah, how this post brings back memories.... Congrats to Zach and also to you Brooke because I know he could not have done it without your support of him each and every step!
Post a Comment