Friday, October 25, 2013

Spider!

My friend, Kathryn, will kill me for posting this. She hates spiders. When we were first years at girls camp there was a spider in our tent and she screamed so loud and freaked out so much that our camp leaders told us we couldn't have breakfast if she didn't calm down. In retrospect the camp leaders were jerks and I'm sure they couldn't actually keep us from eating, but it was a pretty epic freak out. 

That said, with Halloween just around the corner I thought it would be a good time to show you the spider Zach ran into on the golf course a few weeks ago. Are you ready for this? 




..... BAM!

Can you believe that? It's the size of a golf ball! I really do love living so close to the mountains, but I'd appreciate it if these mountain tarantulas would stay up where they belong!

On a side note, Zach is waiting on a call from National Geographic. He is becoming quite the nature photographer!

7 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I would scream and scream if I saw a spider this big ANYWHERE!

Mimi Collett said...

Oh ooooooh bllleeeaaaauuuuggggghhh. I really hope I don't dream about that tonight.


And, good picture, Zach!

Marissa Waddell said...

WHAT! IN UTAH?! I lived there for more than a decade and never saw spiders remotely close to that big! And I only saw a moose once. You guys have all the... luck? ;)

Jodi said...

AHHHHHHH! That is NOT a squish-able spider. Hope they like being outside more than the house. That being said....it is pretty cool (as long as it stays outside!)

Holly said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! Is it really a tarantula??!! That is SOOOOOO GROSS!!!! Glad it was Zach who found it & not me!!!

Angela and Mike said...

HA! I remember the scream. completely :) And, that is freaky!

Lindsey said...

File this under "THINGS BROOKE SHOULD KEEP TO HERSELF." Thanks for the nightmares, jerk.