Before going to St. George last week, we made a list with the boys of things they wanted to do while we were there. The #1 thing on Ryan's list was to go real golfing with Pops and Zach. Thanks to Grammy Pam's generosity in the form of babysitting Camden for the afternoon, Brady and I got to tag along too!
We golfed at a little city course called, Dixie Red Hills. It's a small course with just nine holes and it was just perfect for the boys. We got carts and I think that was half the fun for them!
Ryan was sure to bring his golf clubs. We found a great deal on a couple kid-sized golf clubs the day before at DI so we had enough for Brady and Ryan to share.
It was hot, but we packed water bottles and wore hats and sunscreen so we survived. After golfing the first hole, while we were waiting for Pops and Zach and Ryan to putt, Brady and I sat on the ground in the shade of the golf cart. He asked me, "So when we be done?" I told him that this was the first hole and we had eight more to go. I was nervous that he was already antsy to be done, but he ended up doing great. It was kind of funny though, I guess our little resting spot after the first hole made an impression on him because from that hole on he would sit on the ground in the shade of the golf cart- even if there was a bench in the shade just a few feet away.
Ryan can swing a club! He had some really nice shots where he made good contact with the ball. He got the ball up off the ground several times. It is so fun to watch him get better and get excited about sports.
Brady must be a lefty when it comes to golf. He consistently lines up to the left of the ball with the club upside down. We always help him get lined up the right way with the club facing out, but every time he goes to square up to the ball on his own it's always to the left. We'll have to get him some left handed clubs and see if he can swing with those any better.
It was such a treat to get to go golfing with my boys. I really appreciated Pam's willingness to stay with Camden. This golf outing was not on my list of things to do in St. George, but it ended up being a definite highlight of the trip for me!




2 comments:
Too much cuteness in this post. Those superhero hats! Those tiny kid clubs! :)
Yay for grandmas, making outings like this possible.
I remember a post from years ago when Ryan was just watching Zach golf and riding in the cart with you. (And then I think you went somewhere else and they wouldn't let him, because he was too young and liabilities or something?)
Time flies!
Somehow I totally missed this post, so I'm glad you linked it. I am amazed at Ryan's athleticism. (is that a word?) He seems so willing to just jump in & give it a try--no matter what it is. That's so awesome! And what a good example for Brady! Not to mention what wonderful parents you are for actually taking them. You guys are all awesome!
Post a Comment