Ryan played his first season of t-ball this Spring and he really enjoyed it! He liked it so much that we ended up buying a tee so he and Brady could practice after the season was over. The league we had him in this year is for 4-6 year olds. Since Ryan won't turn 7 until June and the t-ball season starts in April, he and Brady will be on the same team next year! I am so excited!
We found a fun park down behind the fire station by our house. The boys were most excited to discover the full baseball diamond next to the park. One morning I took the boys down to the baseball diamond with their bat and tee and we practiced some baseball!
What says "summer" better than a boy and his bat? Both Brady and Ryan hit off my pitch. Camden still enjoyed hitting off the tee. It was a really fun morning and it made me excited for the boys to get older so we can play more sports games together.
A couple weeks after our spontaneous morning in at the ball park, we went to an Orem Owlz baseball game. The boys and I went to one of their games last year and Ryan and Brady were really excited to go back! Ryan was happy to have his picture taken with the Orem Owl. Brady wanted nothing to do with it. And Camden wouldn't even look at it. ("If I can't see him, he can't see me.") It is kind of terrifying.
We set up our blanket and enjoyed the summer weather. Ryan understood the game so much more this year after having played t-ball. I was impressed at how well it held both he and Brady's attention.
All of Ryan's summer dreams came true when he and Zach got a foul ball. The last time we came to a game, Ryan spent the whole thing holding a mitt in the air hoping he'd catch a ball. So this time when Zach and Ryan saw the foul ball get hit, they and ran out behind the stands to get it. There were already some people there waiting for that ball, but while they were standing there another foul ball came flying over the fence. Zach said Ryan screamed for joy when he saw the ball come over. I wish I could have seen that!
Speaking of accidental traditions, last Summer when we went to an Owlz game I bought the boys some ice cream in a commemorative Owlz baseball hat bowl. Those bowls have been a favorite every since. So of course we had to get ice cream again! Now we have enough bowls for Camden to have one too! (plus an extra!)
Brady is such a caring big brother. He shared his ice cream with Camden no questions asked. They both loved it!
How cute is this little face?!
I thought ahead and brought some glow stick necklaces for the boys for after it got dark. They were a hit! I don't think we'll ever go to a ball game without them again!
We left at the 7th inning and it was already 10pm! All the boys held it together really well and we left without any tears! It was a really fun family evening- one that I hope to repeat again soon. It was another little glimpse into what my life will be like with three boys- Bring it on!









3 comments:
"Play Ball!" will be your family motto for years to come! How fun to embrace and run with it. I am just loving these posts. I take a quick look each day and am just overjoyed and amazed that you have managed another new interesting and great blog post. I will almost be disappointed when you catch up! Hope you had a great 4th of July….I'll look forward to the post ;)
Baseball games are so fun. And Alice is terrified of mascots. Terrified. Imagine the Easter Bunny picture. Jill and Danny love them though. Even the scariest one I've ever seen for the Cincinnati Hockey team. He's a Cyclone with teeth knocked out, which is appropriate for hockey, I guess. It will be amazing to have Brady and Ryan on the same team! Half as many practices and games to coordinate and attend! :) And they'll get to play together. What could be better?
Brady is so cute & sweet. It's been so fun to watch him grow up over the past few years. And I love that you're embracing the mom of boys & life of ball games--so fun! (To be honest, ball games sound way more fun than playing babies or something like that, so I'm glad we've ended up with all boys, haha)
Post a Comment