We had a great July! We started the month down in St. George and we just kept having fun from there! We celebrated Rick's birthday on July 9th (his birthday is on the 10th) with a family dinner at our house. My grandma and sister Anne came and it was nice to catch up and visit with them.
Our neighbors had back to back week long vacations in July. Shannon hired the boys to water her flowers, get her mail and feed Nico's fish while they were gone. They were really good at remembering their jobs for the first week. When the Paynes came home after the first week the boys got paid $2 each. They LOVED pay day. The second week required a few more reminders from me and I have to admit that the flowers did not get watered everyday. Upon seeing Shannon for the first time since returning from her second week long vacation Brady said, "Hello Shannon. Welcome back. Did you enjoy your dream vacation to Hawaii?" Sike! The first words out of his mouth were, "Do you have more dollars for us?" Bah. Kids can be so embarrassing.
| Camden loved Nico's fish. He would point to the bowl and yell at it multiple times a day. |
Ryan ditched the floaties and was swimming like a fish (so long as he could touch the bottom) by the time we left. Brady had to get out and go to the bathroom about 5 times during the two hours we were at the pool. So, that was fun.
We were lucky enough to have Angela and her kids spend the night at our house in July. Angela and I grew up in the same ward and then we were college roommates at BYU. When we moved to Las Vegas after Zach graduated Angela and Mike were living there too. It was so fun to reconnect in Las Vegas and be "mom friends" with our first baby boys. Colton was Ryan's very first friend. The Roses moved from Las Vegas right before we left to come back to BYU for Zach's MBA. Long story short, the Roses have found themselves back in Las Vegas (which is much closer than Michigan where they used to live!) Angela's family had a reunion in Park City so Angela and her two boys came up early and spent one night with us before heading to her family reunion. It had been three years since we last were together and the boys didn't skip a beat. By the end of their visit Ryan was asking me when we were moving back to Las Vegas to live near Colton!
It was so fun to see Angela again. It's funny how time goes by and suddenly you realize you have friendships that are over ten years old! It will be eleven years ago this coming fall that Angela and I were roommates our freshman year at BYU. That is crazy to me.
Zach decided to buy a new (to us) car. He had been driving our 2004 Matrix that we bought when I was pregnant with Ryan. He found a pretty sweet deal on a 2009 Matrix with a manual transmission and the rest is history. I had to laugh because our driveway looks exactly the same. If you didn't know we bought a car you would never guess it. We traded out one grey Toyota Matrix for another. We are literally the most boring people I know- but we love that car!
In Utah they celebrate the 24th of July. It's called Pioneer Day which is cute and all, but I still have a bone to pick that we don't celebrate Columbus Day here. Not getting Columbus Day off was one of the shocks of coming to school in Utah. That and no snow days. Get it together Utah! Anyway, back to
My Grandma had a birthday on July 26th. We had her over for dinner the Sunday after her birthday and threw her a little party. She was a good sport and pretended to be surprised. She turned 79 this year. She's simply the best. I adore watching my boys interact with her. I am so glad they get to have her as a grandma too.



2 comments:
Wow. Your grandma is so young! Mine turned 94 this year.
You are brave taking all three swimming! Alice has had a hate-hate relationship with the pool this summer, but I've never gone by myself. I always invite a friend to join us, so I have a mom to take turns with between the kiddie pool and the big pool.
I need to get my kids on some bikes. If only I could find one for $5 . . .
Adobe sounds like a pretty awesome company to work for!
Kindergarten here is all day. I'm gathering up the courage to send Jill off in a few weeks.
I love your blog posts. And I think monthly re-caps are perfect. (I'm just about to start my July phone pictures post, haha). It makes me sad realizing how we don't get together nearly as much as we did last summer...but then I remember how we could have ended up living in completely different states, and then I feel okay. I still can't believe the boys are riding without training wheels! And I'm glad to hear my kids aren't the only ones with money at the forefront of their brains, saying embarrassing things, haha. :)
Post a Comment