I just love kids bundled up in snow gear.
Camden was technically too young to go down the snow tube hills so he and I hung out at the bottom and I took him on his own little rides. He warmed up to it pretty quickly and we were able to sneak him down the official hill once. He didn't love it, but he wasn't crying so I call that a success.
Brady loved the tubing! There was a shorter hill or you could ride another rope tow up the mountain further for a longer ride down. Brady was eager to try the longer hill but Ryan was a little apprehensive. We ended up sending Zach and Brady up the big hill while Camden and I went with Ryan to try out the kids' snowmobiles. Ryan was so excited about it. As soon as Camden noticed that everyone else was wearing a helmet he was determined to wear one too. There were lots of extras just sitting around so I let him wear one while we waited. Simply wearing the helmet was not enough, however, and he insisted on standing in line with Ryan and the big kids. I didn't see the harm in it but at one point the worker came up and pointed him out. "Who does he belong to?" he said. "He is waaaaay too small to drive." Haha. You think?!
Ryan is not what you would call our daredevil child. He is sweet as can be and very cautious. It was so funny to watch him drive the snowmobile. He. went. so. slow. The kids on the track with him were so nice and never passed him so he was holding everyone up for the whole 6 laps. His little face was so focused on the task at hand and he was sure to follow every instruction to a T.
The best part was after he came to a painfully slow stop and hopped off the snowmobile. He was totally exhilarated! He said, "That was so awesome and jumped in the air." Haha. He is simply the best.
Brady and Zach were back from the trip down the big hill by the time Ryan finished up his snowmobile ride. Brady LOVED it! He convinced me and Ryan to go back up the big hill with him while Zach took a turn staying with Camden at the bottom.
The older boys and Zach took one last ride down the hill while Camden and I warmed up and got some hot chocolate and donuts. Any outing is a success if it ends with a donut!
I self admittedly hate outdoor winter activities. They seem like a lot of work just so you can go be cold. When we first arrived Brady was whining, we didn't have the right gloves for Camden and I'll admit I was less than thrilled to be spending my morning dragging reluctant kids out into the cold. But by the time we left I was so glad we went. It was a lot of fun and something the boys talk about still to this day.










3 comments:
I wonder if that worker has had people try to sneak little kids in before. Haha. I laughed when I read that part.
And I can totally picture cautious Ryan. That's so sweet that the other kids were so nice to him about going slow instead of being impatient. I love hearing stories of children, strangers, being kind to one another.
Adobe sounds like it has some pretty fantastic work parties!
Zach must have been exhausted.
That picture of Camden standing in line with those other kids towering over him made me laugh out loud. Kids have the most hilarious body proportions.
I love the pictures! Brady and Ryan surprise me every day with how different they are in terms of taking risks. Who knew little Brady man would be the daredevil!
SO FUN! I wish we were in Zach's department so we could have come too. :) And I feel the same way about outdoor winter activities. But looking back on the pictures always makes it worth it. :)
Post a Comment