On February 21 my sister, Lindsey, and I threw my sister, Anne, a bridal shower. It was so much fun to plan and shop with Lindsey and I was so happy we got a chance to shower Anne before the big day!
We kept it pretty simple with minimal decorations and some good food (banana bread, veggie cups, Zach's famous chocolate chip cookies, tortilla roll-ups and strawberries with pink slush punch to drink). We planned a couple of games and had a few drawings for prizes, but mostly we just celebrated Anne and had fun learning more about Spencer.
As far as decorations go, I just had this banner and then gathered a few 8x10 pictures of Anne growing up (Thanks mom!). I ended up using the TV for a few of the games and when we weren't using it for a game I had a slideshow of Anne and Spencer playing on a loop. It was basically an Anne Shrine and I loved it.
We played a memory game where all the guests wrote down a memory they had with Anne and then Anne had to identify who wrote what. It was a great way to start the party so everyone could get to know each other a little better and we were able to share how we all knew Anne.
The next game we played is an old favorite... with a twist. Zach asked Spencer some questions beforehand and video taped his responses. We then had Anne try to guess what Spencer would say to each question. Usually the bride-to-be gets a piece of bubble gum for every incorrect answer. Instead, we used these face stickers I had and for each question she got wrong we added another sticker. The end result was far more hilarious and creepy than I ever imagined. It was awesome.
 |
| Lindsey and Grandma Bailey |
For the last game Anne came out with a poster board full of wedding words. We told the guests to look at Anne and remember everything they could. Of course they were frantically trying to memorize the words on the poster- but after about a minute we told Anne to leave the room with the poster and we asked the guests to write down everything they could remember about the way Anne looked (what she was wearing, how her hair was done, any jewelry she had on, etc.). Spencer's sister ended up winning with the most correct items on her list.
 |
| Kaity (Anne's childhood friend), Cami (Spencer's mom), Spencer's sister and Eden (Anne's roommate) |
 |
| Mary Bailey, Tiffany (our cousin) and Aunt Merri |
 |
| Anne and Kaity |
 |
| Anne with a couple of her coworkers- they were so nice to come! |
 |
| Anne and Grandma Bailey |
 |
| Emily (Anne's roommate), Beth (Anne's college friend), Anne, and Eden |
 |
| Anne and Grandma Wheeler |
 |
| Beth and Anne |
It was fun to get everyone together to celebrate Anne. We are so excited that she and Spencer decided to get married and we just love her to pieces!
1 comment:
What a fun shower! And I LOVE the invitation!!!! You always know how to do showers just right--you focus on the things that matter most, and your games are the best!
Post a Comment