On March 13th my baby turned 2! Sometimes, I still can't believe it. He is such a spunky little kid now- there is hardly any baby left!
The night before his birthday I gave him a much needed haircut. Whenever I pull out my camera and ask him to smile he sticks his tongue out and makes a monkey face. I'm not sure if he actually thinks he is smiling or if he's just trying to be a punk, but either way, this is what we have to work with for now.
| A little before and after action. |
![]() |
| "I shall call him Mini Me" |
We had chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles (a recently added family tradition). Everyone got a candle to blow out- the big boys too. We sang to Camden again and laughed as he tried to blow out his candle.
My neighbor gave me some leftover helium filled balloons she had from a Relief Society event. I am so glad she did because they were a huge hit! Camden fell in love with the orange one and carried it around all morning- even when we ran carpool to take the boys to school.
That afternoon, right after lunch, we invited a few neighbors and friends over for cupcakes. I was babysitting my brother's two little boys as well so we had quite a cute little crowd! I didn't manage to get a group picture even though I really wanted one. After they finished eating cupcakes the boys played on the trampoline until Camden had to go down for his nap.
My mom ended up being in town for Anne's wedding that same week so she came over while I was watching Chris's kids and had lunch with us and helped us celebrate Camden's birthday. It was such a treat to have her here. After Camden got up from his nap we opened presents from Grandma Jodi and then headed to Chik-fil-a for dinner (one of Camden's favorites!)
![]() |
| Camden got a Curious George plush, a Curious George t-shirt and this fun little cash register from my mom. |
Lindsey and Rick met us at Chik-fil-a for a fun birthday dinner. We got there early enough that the place was pretty empty which was nice. We discovered that you can trade your kid's meal prize in for an ice cream cone (I'm sure I'm one of the last people on earth to know this- but how fun is that?!) The kids were sold at the word "ice cream" so that's what we did.
My mom ended up having to leave straight from dinner to go run some wedding errands with Anne, but Lindsey and Rick came home with us to open the rest of Camden's presents and to have cake and (more) ice cream.
| There's no opening your presents on your own when you're the youngest! |
We bought a double stomp rocket for him and he loves it!
Camden got lots of fun new toys and had a great day filled with friends and family who love him very much. We are so happy to have Camden in our family and it has been so fun to watch him grow and get a better idea of who this little person is. He is spunky, strong-willed, silly and sweet. We just adore him!
Happy Birthday Camden!
__________________
Looking Back: Camden's BIRTHday
Camden turns 1













1 comment:
Oh Camden--he is SO adorable!! I seriously can't believe it's already been two years! I remember the day he was born so perfectly. Happy Birthday Camden!!! (And we actually just found out about the whole trade-your-prize-for-ice-cream at Chick-fil-A too & it is our new favorite thing! So awesome!)
Post a Comment