Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Best of Friends (better late than never)

Last weekend we were lucky enough to have our good friends and former next door neighbors come visit us here in Vegas. It had only been about a week or so since we left Provo, but when you add in Christmas break and everything, it felt like we hadn't seen them in forever! They got here on Friday night and stayed until Monday morning. It all went way too fast for me. It was so fun spending the weekend with the Colletts! After they left on Monday morning I was seriously depressed. Living next to them was such a treat. Sometimes I think I would be willing to go back to living in a one bedroom apartment if it meant living next to them again!

On Saturday we went to the ESPN Zone so that the boys could watch the BYU basketball game. The food was good, the company was better but the game seriously sucked. Not cool BYU.
Me and Michelle- happy to be together again!
What's a blog post without a picture of Ryan doing what he does best? (being adorable)
The CollettsWatching BYU lose. I love Jeff's face in this picture. It says, "Did we really just pay that much for lunch all so we could watch this?!"

After lunch we decided to check out the strip. Why you ask? I honestly can't tell you. I hate the strip and will hopefully never go back. It was fun to walk and be together though! We saw the lions at the MGM, the fountain show at the Bellagio and some dorky aquarium at the Mirage (not worth the walk there). Michelle documents the day far better than I can on her blog. Check it out.
We spent Sunday going to church, relaxing, eating, visiting the Temple grounds and playing games. It was just perfect. Unfortunately Monday morning eventually came and it was time to say goodbye all over again.

Thanks, Jeff and Michelle, for making the 5 and a half hour drive to come see us! We can't wait until March when we can see you again!

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

The one of Jeff with Ryan on his shoulders is such a great picture! :) Thanks for sharing that one (and all of them). Your caption for the one of Zach and Jeff watching the game is really fun. We loved visiting and miss you guys again already. We'll have to plan the next trip. :)