Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Should.

My mom is gone. Lindsey is gone. Ryan is asleep.
I should be doing the dishes.
I should be doing the laundry.
I should be cleaning the bathroom.
I should be packing for the beach.
But, I will blog instead. :)

We put Lindsey on a plane back to Virginia this afternoon. We were sad to see her leave. Really sad. Everything went great at the airport except for the part where I dropped her off at the security line and started walking away only to look down and see her boarding pass still in my hand. Luckily, she noticed before she got to the check point and I noticed before I got in my car and drove away. Phew, crisis averted!

While she was here in Vegas we kept busy the best way we know how. We ate. a lot. In the two and a half weeks she was here we went to Carl's Jr., Sonic, T.J.s Deli, Red Robin, T.J.'s Deli, Cafe Rio and T.J.'s Deli. Did I mention we went to T.J.'s Deli? I'm pretty sure we are their favorite customers by now. We went on Friday and then on Monday and then again today on the way to the airport. Lindsey just couldn't get enough of their Alf Alfa sandwich and I was happy to join in her obsession. Some would call it being an enabler. I just call it being a good sister.


On Sunday night we went to the Las Vegas Temple for sunset. Lindsey took some awesome pictures. She has such a great eye for photography.


Yesterday, we watched a movie at noon while we ate lunch and vegged. We did absolutely nothing all day and it was AWESOME! We had stayed pretty busy for most of her visit between going to the park, going swimming, going out to eat, going to the children's museum downtown, going up Mt. Charleston, going shopping. Basically we had been going and going and going. Relaxing at home all day was a great way to end her trip.

In other news, my baby has turned into a vampire. It's pretty great really. He finally got another tooth but instead of it being one of his top front teeth like you would think, it is his top tooth just right of the spot where his front tooth will be. It's white and pointy and makes him look like a regular old monster. Cute, but a monster none the less.


I have to admit to sort of feeling like Bella from Twilight with a little monster human-vampire baby. How dorky am I?
You don't actually have to answer that...

4 comments:

Zach said...

Very Dorky... I felt I did have to answer, I still love you though.

Jodi said...

Yum to TJ's. Ha ha to vampire baby and oooo ahhhh to beautiful temple pics. As to your dorkiness it might reflect on your upbringing so I decline to comment.

Holly said...

That is so funny--Tucker is getting that exact same tooth in as we speak! It started showing up two days ago, and it's his only other one besides his two bottom teeth. I may be partial, but I think vampire babies are the cutest! :) (And I totally was thinking about Twilight too!)

Konfusion with a K said...

Hahaha vampire baby indeed! Meanwhile I'm dealing with freaking vampire DOG....stupid Smokey almost got my hand tonight.

Looks like you had so much fun!!