Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Traumatic.

Ryan has never been one to wake up crying in the morning. Recently he has perfected the fake cry/whine. No tears, no frown, in fact no facial expression at all, just sound. So this morning when I woke up to his cries I figured he was just anxious to get out of his crib and was practicing his fake whine/cry. However, when I went to his room to get him up for the day, I was alarmed to find actual tears and the saddest face you have ever seen. I knew something must be wrong. He pulled his pajamas away from his neck and was looking down at his chest. Concerned, I went and unzipped his footy pajamas down to his waste. The crying continued and he pointed down into his pajamas again. A little bit frantic at this point, I unzipped his pj's the rest of the way down his leg. As I got to the end of the zipper, his binky fell out of the foot of his pajamas. The crying stopped immediately as he popped his beloved binky into his mouth. Problem solved.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

This is hilarious! I was expecting some awful creepy crawly thing! I am so glad it was just his binky.

Angela and Mike said...

hahaha, that is a GREAT story. Poor ryan without his binky! I wonder how it slipped down there...

Holly said...

That is so funny!

Abby said...

hilarious:o)

Empty Nester said...

Oh god! I was expecting a rash, chicken pox, or something horrible. Now I am laughing so hard I am snorting!!!! oh god...I have to go before I pee my pants....still l aughing so hard

Mimi Collett said...

Haha. I was terrified about what you were going to find. I was like poop? spider? rash? OH NO WHAT!!!!! Oh. The binkie. Haha. Poor little guy. :)

Kinzie Sue said...

oh that got me laughing good! babies and there pacifiers... what would they do without them?!!

Mimi Collett said...

Sigh. finally. I can't even handle how many posts behind I was on your blog!!