Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Unexpected fun.

We went to the grocery store today and Ryan was thrilled to see a fire engine parked in the parking lot. I wasn't in a rush, so after we parked we walked over to take a closer look. Lucky for us, a fireman was coming up just behind us. He was super nice and gave Ryan his very own fireman hat. That was more than I ever expected but he went even further and opened the cab and let Ryan go inside and look around. Ryan was starstruck and didn't say much, but you could tell he was loving it.
It pretty much made Ryan's (and my) day. We seem to be spending more and more time just sitting around the house these days waiting for the baby to arrive and it was fun to have a little adventure today!



5 comments:

Empty Nester said...

What a special treat...and what an exceptional fireman!!! Don't let the heat get you down...anymore than it already has.

Holly said...

How fun! What a wonderful fireman! I am always so grateful when people take the time to talk to/entertain Tucker. Such a blessing as a mom! :)

Kristen said...

How cool!!! What a nice fireman :)

Mimi Collett said...

That is so cool! I can't believe he got a hat and got to go inside the truck. Little kid heaven right there!

Jodi said...

Wow! Doesn't get much better than that for a two year old boy! Hang in there....2 more weeks to go.