I was a little over 37 weeks with Ryan when I had my three days of unbearable back pain. I couldn't get out of bed the pain was so awful and I remember thinking I wouldn't be able to survive until my due date if that was what pregnancy was like. Luckily something happened after three days and the pain was gone. I was rejuvenated. Suddenly, I could do it. It's amazing how good you can feel once you realize how horrible you could be feeling.
Well it looks like I needed another reminder with this pregnancy as well. On Tuesday night I was sicker than I have ever been. I spent all night throwing up with aches and pains and Braxton Hicks contractions (breaking my 13 year 'no barfing' streak). I could not get comfortable, I couldn't sleep and I couldn't keep anything down. Not even water. It was awful. As soon as Zach woke up on Wednesday I sent him to the store for some Gatorade, Saltines and Ginger Ale. Being the awesome guy he is, he happily obliged (on his birthday no less!). I took little sips of Gatorade all morning and even got up the courage for a couple of crackers. I was definitely thinking some of the same thoughts I had with my back ache though. I was sure I couldn't survive until September 15th. I didn't throw up for the rest of the day, but I stayed achy and nauseous. I'm sure it made for the lamest birthday Zach has ever had. For dinner he ordered and ate pizza... alone.
Last night I was still feeling a little achy and my stomach still felt unsettled, but this morning I woke up and I feel GREAT! I went on my walk this morning and it feels great to feel great! It really put things in perspective for me. It could be a lot worse. Now being 9 months pregnant feels like a breeze! I might even mop the kitchen floor today! :)
Two more weeks of pregnancy?

4 comments:
Wow! I'm glad those awful days seem to be over. What a bummer it fell on Z's birthday!! If you go for a third baby, you should plan it so the 37th weeks falls on no special days. ;) Yay for being in September already!!
you're almost there!
I'm so sorry you felt so sick! and...I wasn't there to help. But now I'm so glad you are feeling better and can enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy. You are a champ!
I am so glad you are feeling better and ready to take on the next 2 weeks!
Post a Comment