It was so fun to have family in town and to celebrate Ryan amid all the newborn craziness with Brady. It was a great party!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Big Brother Party
Back on October 3rd we had a Big Brother Party for Ryan. My family was in town for General Conference/to see Brady so it was the perfect time to have it. I wanted Ryan to feel special about Brady being part of the family. By the end of the night he knew he was the big brother. We would ask him, "Who is the big brother?" He would point to himself and say, "Ryan is!" with a big smile. I'd say it was a success.
Like any good party, we started with a big chocolate cake.
Ryan's face in this picture made the whole party worthwhile. He was soaking up the fact that everyone was gathered around singing to him. (The cake and candles didn't hurt either)
It was Brady's three week birthday, hence the three candles. We sang a song to the tune of "He's a Jolly Good Fellow" but said "He's a Jolly Big Brother!" And nobody could deny! ;)
The cake was a hit!
His smiles are getting uglier by the day. I love it.
Messes were made.

Like a good little brother, Brady stayed out of the spotlight and slept through the whole party.
This picture makes me happy. I miss these people.
Ryan seeing his post-cake face for the first time.
Messy!
After cake, we gave Ryan presents because, well, why not?!
Zach gave him a Lightning McQueen ball. A safe bet. Ryan loved it.
I went out on a limb and got him an alphabet chart. He can say and identify all his letters (thanks to Super Why) and I thought he would like it. He liked the ball better.
His most favorite present by a long shot was from my mom. Bertie the bus from Thomas the Tank Engine. He loves his Bertie and took it to bed with him for quite some time.
It was so fun to have family in town and to celebrate Ryan amid all the newborn craziness with Brady. It was a great party!
It was so fun to have family in town and to celebrate Ryan amid all the newborn craziness with Brady. It was a great party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"His smile gets uglier by the day. I love it" HAHAHA. His smiles are getting quite hysterical. I love this idea, I'll totally have to throw Colton a Big Brother party one day too!
What a great idea to have a "Big brother party!" I'll have to remember this for when we have another kid!
Genius. I bet Ryan felt so special!
And I love any reason to eat cake. Haha.
Post a Comment