Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Who are these kids?!

and what have you done with my babies!?

Last time I checked I had two babies, but lately they have been acting more and more like full fledged kids. Brady can now feed himself a bottle:

and Ryan has been painting! (ok, I have been painting too. haha)
Ryan has been so good as I have been trying to pack up and get things ready for the big move. I cleaned out my closets this past week and found these paints I bought for a Young Women's activity. I put them in the DI pile thinking, "we are a few years away from using paints." My, my how wrong I was.
Ryan found the paints as soon as he woke up from his nap and didn't set them down all night. He kept asking me if he could paint. First he asked to paint the walls. When I told him "no" he said, "Okay, we will just paint the ground." Nice try buddy.
He went to bed that night and must have dreamed about painting because the first thing he asked me when he woke up was if he could go paint in the garage. He didn't even wait for a fresh diaper or change of clothes. He was too excited.
The great thing about moving is we have access to lots of packing paper, which ended up being perfect for our first painting adventure. Ryan loved it and made sure to try each color. And yes, we used an old beat up frisbee to put the paint in. We're classy like that.

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

I was mowing the lawn the other day, and Jill walks out and tells me I need to come inside to see something. She had painted me two pictures! I wonder if Jeff had read your blog, or if it is just random that he had the same idea as Ryan. :)