Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Moment of Silence

Nemo is dead.

It was a fun three days. Ryan ate every meal by Nemo's tank. He made sure to turn off Nemo's tank lamp every time we left the house. Ryan got a party hat yesterday at play group and on the way home the first thing he said was, "I can't wait to show Nemo my party hat!"

We don't know how old Nemo was, but he was loved for the last 72 hours of his life.

And now, with one flush, it's all over.

___________________________________
When Ryan woke up I told him Nemo had died.

He asked, "Where?!" (Not what I was expecting)

He looked all over the tank and then asked, "Did he dive under the rocks?! I want him to come up!"

Poor little guy. He thought I said Dived.

4 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Aww

Jodi said...

A moment of silence in honor of Nemo. May he rest in peace. Now...ha ha ha ha ha! So sweet and funny that Ryan thought you said "dived" instead of "died". Oops! Big difference.

Janice Richardson said...

So sad!

Mom & Dad said...

I guess the real question is whether he will still look for him in the tank?? I wonder if he knows your fish history? Is there a fish out there that lives through anything for your tank and Ryan??