There was a little petting zoo. They had two donkeys, a llama, a baby goat and a kangaroo! I was psyched about the kangaroo. A real kangaroo! Can you believe it!? It was really friendly and let us pet it. It was super soft. If I ever live on a farm, I am totally getting a kangaroo. So. cool.
It liked to stick its head out through the bars to get closer. I think it loved us. Brady really really enjoyed the animals. He was squawking and squealing from the stroller at them. At one point a donkey started coughing. By the third cough Brady was in hysterics. It really freaked him out!
The kangaroo was in the background of this shot, right up until my friend took the picture. Sneaky little guy.
They also had a corn pit. Basically a sandbox made out of hay bales and corn kernels. The kids loved it. Ryan even took off his shoes so he could feel the corn between his toes. Ryan's new friend, Addison, came with us with her mom and little brother. (I didn't think to get a picture of Brookie and Landon though.)
Brady would have stayed in the corn pit all day if I let him. He loved kicking his feet and feeling the corn between his fingers. It was serious business for him too. I couldn't get him to look at the camera once. He was too busy inspecting each strand of hay and kernel of corn.
Addison and Ryan loved jumping off of the hay bales into the corn. They did it over and over and over and over and over... etc. I credit this for the awesome nap Ryan is now enjoying.
There was a children's corn maze. I knew Ryan would love it (and he did). But I wasn't expecting Brady to love it as much as he did.
He loved walking around and sometimes would just randomly sit down to play in the hay.
Ryan and Addison chased each other all through the maze.
At one point Ryan had wondered back into the maze while the rest of us were in the corn pit. I grabbed my phone to take some pictures and went to find him. When I found him and he saw me he said, "I can't find a way out so I can go potty!" (Did I mention he is potty trained!? That's a story for another post.) Anyway, it was so funny. I helped him find his way out and he went potty in the porta-potty they had set up. I won't even go to the bathroom in a porta-potty! I think Ryan is better trained than me!
Right before we were ready to leave we made our way out to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin. It wasn't my plan to buy one, but after over an hour and a half of free entertainment I thought it was the least I could do. Plus, who goes to a pumpkin patch and leaves without a pumpkin?!
Both Ryan and Addison picked a pumpkin out. Brookie is so good and let Addison pick any pumpkin she wanted. Hers was all lopsided and sad looking. I, on the other hand, "guided" Ryan to a perfectly round, just-right-for-carving pumpkin. I am such a micro-manager.
Brady was pretty excited for the pumpkin. So excited that he burst into tears when I took it away. Needless to say, he is now taking a nice long nap too.
With both boys sleeping- it almost makes me want to go back to the pumpkin patch everyday!*This was the experience I was looking for in 2009. Now we just need to figure out a way to get Angela and Colton out to Utah so we can go to a REAL pumpkin patch together!
4 comments:
So fun! Wish we could have gone with you! Tucker kept asking me ALL day what else we could do with Ryan. "We go to the store with Ryan?" "Ryan come play at our house?" "I miss Ryan. I want to play with him again." I guess that's how you talk about your best friend in the whole wide world. :)
Where is this free pumpkin patch? We would love to take Nathan there next week.
That looks so fun! Where is this place?
That looks like an amazing pumpkin patch experience. That's crazy that it was free! I want to pet a friendly kangaroo!
Post a Comment