Friday, August 3, 2012

T minus 7 days

We have one week left in Arkansas. Zach's last day of his internship is next Friday. We are ready to go home. It's been fun, but I've decided you can only live in limbo for so long. We plan on taking off as soon as we can get checked out of our apartment. (hopefully Saturday morning)

The boys and I have been trying to stay busy. It's been extremely hot- too hot to be outside unless you are in the pool. We try to get out of the apartment at least once a day- usually in the morning. The past couple weeks we have spent a couple afternoons at home. The boys have gotten in to dressing up and playing together, which is awesome. 

Here they are playing firemen. I tell them where the fire is and they rush off to put it out with their "hoses". 
 We used old shoe boxes to make a little putt putt course in the apartment one day last week. Both boys loved it. I'm so glad Zach thought to bring their putters this summer. It saved our afternoon.
 Ryan still loves to dress up as Dash. I'm sure he's grown out of his costume from last Halloween and it's in Orem anyway so we had to get creative. He really came up with the whole thing on his own. I just did what he told me to do. He thought it was the greatest and insisted that we all dress as The Incredibles that day. He even had a mask for Zach to wear as soon as he walked through the door from work.
Thumbs up!

Dash and Elastagirl
 What superhero game is complete without a super hero fort? Ryan designed the sign on his own and told me what to write. We made the fort while Brady was napping and he was thrilled when he woke up. He and Rayn played together happily while I made dinner. That's a big deal around here.
 Ryan really wanted Brady to be Jack Jack but he insisted that he was "FIREman"! (Spiderman) We even tied a cape on Brady's puppy and had a Super Doggy for our heroes.

I've mentioned before how much we love the library here. They have had some great summer programs. We've seen magic shows, kid-friendly rock band concerts and a wild bird show with a real owl, vulture and hawk. The boys participated in the summer reading program where they got different prizes each week for reading and got to pick out a book to keep when they reached their goal. This past Saturday they had an end of the summer carnival. It was right in the middle of Brady's nap so I took Ryan while Zach stayed home with Brady. It was fun. They had lots of games for the kids with little prizes for each game. They even had a raffle and we won! Ryan won his first set of Legos! (It was exciting until I thought of all. the. little. pieces.) 

Ryan with his Lego prize!
 We had our last day of exercise classes this past Tuesday. Both Ryan and Brady have really loved their classes this summer and I have loved that it is something to do out of the apartment and out of the heat. We've had fun Tuesdays with those classes and then meeting Zach for lunch afterward. On this particular morning Brady decided to have an opinion of what he wore. He was dead set on wearing that fish onsie. I tried to put him in something else and he ran back into his room, went through his drawers and came back out with the fish outfit. He's not even two and already picking out what he wants to wear. Heaven help us.
 Here's Ryan at his class. Usually the moms wait outside the room while the older kids have their class, but the teacher invited us in for the last day so we could see what they've been up to this summer. Here they are doing push ups. Ryan had about six other boys in his class.
 Ryan has gotten really into the super hero thing this summer. We picked up a Batman cartoon at the library yesterday and he watched it during quiet time. He is now Batman 24/7. Good thing he looks so cute in his costume. I can't get over his little bat ears!
 We were pretty desperate for things to do for the last hour before Zach got home so we pretended to have a birthday party, using watermelon as the cake. I let both boys have a candle on their slice and let them practice blowing it out. Over and over and over again. Brady loved it! He loved it so much that I couldn't get a good picture because he wouldn't stand still long enough for me to take one. Here's a good one of Ryan though. You can never have too many pictures of Ryan in a post. That's what I say.

So we are officially in count down mode. One more week. We can do it. Staaaaaaarting... NOW.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yay!!! We're so excited for you guys to come back!! What a good mom you are. I seriously need to take mom lessons from you because you are so creative and fun. I love all the super hero dress ups! (And the fort, and the watermelon cake!!!) Too fun. I'm excited to see how much Brady has changed over the summer--I'm sure he & Calvin will be good friends now. And I love the fish onesie, by the way. :)

Mimi Collett said...

Where did time go? And I am impressed at all of the the things you think of to do with your boys! There can never be too many pictures of Ryan. :)

Jill said...

Those cute boys sure have a great mom.