Sunday, June 9, 2013

Binky Bear Numero Dos

As of yesterday, Brady is officially done with binkys. We took him to the mall and he got to build his very own Binky Bear. Ryan was very excited. Brady was excited while we were talking about it beforehand, but took it all very seriously once we got to the mall.

Ryan held Brady's hand while we walked to Build-a-Bear. It was so sweet to watch.


Notice the binky in Brady's hand
The lighting in the actual store was weird, so all my pictures turned really orange. Brady quickly picked out a bear worthy of his binky. He picked a green bear for his green bink.

Brady is so lucky to have Ryan as a big brother. Ryan stood by his side the whole time. I'm thinking transitions will be much easier with a big brother around. We made the transition to a toddler bed on a whim and it's gone wonderfully. I am sure it's because Brady has been able to watch Ryan in a big boy bed all these months, so he already knows the rules. The binky transition has been no different. Brady has admired Ryan's Binky Bear for some time and so he felt pretty cool getting to make one for himself. (even if it did mean giving up his binky)

Brady was very shy. I think he was a little in shock. He was super brave though and put his binky in the bear without hesitation.

You could tell Ryan really enjoyed showing Brady the ropes. He remembered far more than I ever thought he would about when he made his own Binky bear.

After having to be dissuaded from picking out a $15 (!) Batman costume for his bear, Brady settled on some Spiderman pajamas instead. Cute. Cute. Cute.

We went directly from the mall to Anne's house for a BBQ. Brady skipped his nap with our busy day so last night was a breeze. He was so tried he fell right asleep. It was much better than the crying to sleep night we had after Ryan got his Binky bear. We'll see if it continues to be easy, but I have hopes that it will be! 

In other news, we went fishing up the canyon yesterday morning. Camden and I were hanging out under a tree. Imagine my surprise when I looked down at my sweet baby's face only to discover that a bird pooped (POOPED!) on his head! Gross!


6 comments:

Mimi Collett said...

Awwwww I remember when Ryan went through this. I can't believe enough time has already passed that now Brady has done it, too. How sweet and supportive Ryan was! Watching the "big" kid help the younger sibling sure melts a mom's heart.

Mom & Dad said...

They are all growing up tooooo fast. Even Camden looks several months older than early May when he was in Virginia!!

Jodi said...

I love the pictures that accompany this post! Ryan is such an amazing big brother and Brady looks so brave. And Camden looks adorable even with bird poop on his face! Blogs are awesome to record these moments in life. Your boys will have fun reading back on your posts when they are older. And I love reading them now!

Marissa Waddell said...

Binky Bear? Genius!

Empty Nester said...

I love how Camden's shirt says "muddy puppy" with the bird poop on his head!! Somehow it's like you predicted it when you dressed him today!!!

Anne said...

Pooped on by birds. Just like his Aunt Linds..