We spent the first part of April in St. George for Easter and then came home and enjoyed a fun Spring Break. Here are some other things that happened this month:
Camden wore suspenders to church. Yes. This is blog-worthy. Because look.
One Sunday evening we went up American Fork Canyon with Rick and Lindsey. We drove up to Tibble Fork Reservoir and walked around. It is so pretty up there but it was also pretty cold so we didn't stay too long.
One afternoon I put Brady down for a nap but I could hear him opening and closing drawers and just making a ruckus. After a while I noticed things had quieted down so I went to check it out. I found him snuggled in bed wearing a sun hat he dug out of his top drawer.
We had a crazy wind storm in April that blew our grill off the patio and across the yard. Luckily, we were able to tip it back up and put it back together and it is back in working order.
We still have a dog.
Ryan performed in a Patriotic Program with the rest of the first graders from his school. It just so happened that Pam and Doug were in town so they got to come see him perform as well.
Brady took it upon himself to be the photographer for the evening. He actually got a few good shots!
The middle of April signaled the beginning of T-ball. We got off to a funny start with our first game and practice getting canceled due to a freak snow storm. Utah weather is so crazy.
Even though it got off to a weird start we did eventually have our first game. Brady didn't take a nap that afternoon and was dead asleep when we pulled up to the field. He sat on my lap for the first couple innings but ended up joining his team by the end of the game and really liked it!
This is Brady's first year playing T-ball. The league is for kids ages 4-6 so we lucked out and got Ryan and Brady on the same team (since Ryan doesn't turn 7 until June). We have a really young team this year and I have felt a little bad for Ryan since most of the kids in his grade have aged up to machine pitch. I could have put him in machine pitch too but I just couldn't pass up a chance for he and Brady to be on the same team- not to mention only having one game schedule to keep up with!
When it comes to watching the T-ball games, Camden has been tricky to say the least. Zach is the coach so between Ryan, Brady AND Zach being out on the field that is the ONLY place Camden wants to be. It is a constant struggle to keep him on the sidelines and he is usually throwing a fit in the process. He was a terror at the first game. I snapped this picture while we were on our way to the car. His face pretty well sums up his attitude that night.
We hosted a Bellows family dinner in April. We grilled burgers and ate at our house and then went up the canyon for a quick fire and s'mores. It was great to get up the canyon again. It was fun to do a little fire and let the boys explore. I'm hoping we get up the canyon a lot this summer with the boys.
Say, "S'mores!"
Camden is still working on scissor safety skills. I about died when I found him like this! (but I didn't die, I just took a picture instead.) The shirt survived as he is also working on his cutting skills. Luckily.
Camden's carseat has been in the back row. To help make it easier to strap him in and out I usually put the seat directly in front of his down so I can reach his straps. Camden has taken to swinging out of the car now. His squished face almost makes it worth the extra time it takes to unload. ;)
My brother in law, Rick, graduated with his undergrad from BYU in April. My mom and dad came to watch him graduate and we were lucky enough to have them stay with us.
I took the two little boys with me to watch the graduation ceremony. I knew it would be a stretch but between a bag of snacks and coloring books and then the coveted iPad at the end, they did great! I was so proud of them.
Ryan came home from school with this little gem. I love the way first graders think! (most of the time)
Ryan has been playing soccer this spring. He gets to play with the same team he played with last fall. He is pretty timid around the ball so when he scored a goal one game it was a BIG deal! Way to go Ryan!
Camden knows not to take Ryan or Brady's glasses off of their faces. If he finds them around the house, however, it's a different story. He's finally past the phase of bending or stretching them. Now he just tries them on and looks hilarious. How can you get mad at this?
Toward the end of the month we met up with Kristen and her kids at the Hogle Zoo. The zoo was gearing up for their Dinosaur exhibit so we got to see a lot of the Dinos around the park. The exhibit opened two days after we were there and they are complete with noises and animatronics now. We will have to go back to see them move! We'll add it to the summer bucket list!
Camden was an absolute champion and pushed through his normal nap time while we were at the zoo. It wasn't until we were walking to the car that he finally fell asleep. Amazingly, he stayed asleep as I transferred him to his carseat and again when I moved him to his crib. He was beat!
Speaking of being beat. It has been getting really hot upstairs during the day. We've been trying to avoid turning on the AC and have instead opted for opening the windows in the evening. The coolest room upstairs ends up being the loft as it has two big windows. One night after putting the kids to bed we came up to find Ryan asleep on the recliner in the loft. I couldn't blame him!
With the school year winding down we tried to make the most of our Thursday book days and visited Ryan for lunch. We got there a little after lunch had started and within 5 minutes of getting there Ryan was finished and on his way outside to the playground leaving us to eat with the rest of the first graders. We were just about the last people in the lunch room as the lunch workers were cleaning up around us. I thought that was as good a way as any to end our Thursday lunches. :)
The struggle to keep Camden off the T-ball field continued. One week we brought a tee and let him play his own game on the sidelines. It kept him occupied for a little while, but the struggle is real.
And that was April! May 2015 is an exciting one for the Bellows family. It was filled with lots of rain, lots of T-ball, the end of school and we topped it off with a trip to the beach!
























1 comment:
That Camden! Reminds me of Zach.
Post a Comment