On June 5th Ryan turned 6 years old! He's increasingly catching on to traditions and things I didn't even know would become traditions are now things he has come to count on. As he was going to bed the night before his birthday he told me to "decorate [his] door with balloons and streamers after [he] goes to sleep". The days of surprising him with decorations are over.
As per Ryan's request. He knows what he likes.
We kicked off Ryan's birthday with birthday pancakes! They were chocolate chip with whipped cream and sprinkles. We even lit a candle and let him blow it out. I'm sure this is something he will come to expect in the future as well.
You might have noticed the Ninja Turtle lego character beside Ryan's plate. I let him pick one present to open right when he woke up. He chose a present from Grandma Jodi. She got him a set of Ninja Turtle legos with all the ninja turtle characters including Splinter and Shredder! He loved them and played with them all morning.
We let Brady get into the celebrating too- complete with his own candle.
We met Zach for lunch at work as a special treat for Ryan's birthday. I let him open a present at lunch too. He chose a Lego Ninjago Dragon set that he came home and spent the rest of the afternoon working on. When Zach got home from work, we headed down to the Nickelcade to have our family birthday party. Brady hit the jackpot.
Ryan wanted a picture with his tickets too.
I also ended up winning a jackpot so between the four of us we got 689 tickets! A new family record!
The boys each picked out a ninja sword and some candy. Camden was just happy to be there.
Last year we went to Wingers for Ryan's birthday because he was in the kids' club and we got a free meal coupon in the mail. So this year he wanted to eat Wingers again and presumably for every birthday. (Well played Wingers Kids Club)- another tradition we accidentally fell in to.
We headed home for presents after dinner. Presents are the best part of birthdays if you ask Ryan!
I was planning on making a cake for Ryan's friend birthday party on Saturday but I completely forgot about a cake for his actual birthday! So the night before his birthday I went to Walmart and bought a cake. It was stress free and actually tasted really good. I had nothing invested in this cake so we let Ryan cut the slices himself. What a mess!
Ryan got lots of Legos for his birthday this year. He is actually really good at following the directions and putting them together. He has a great attention span and he will happily spend hours and hours building his new Lego sets during his brothers' naps.
Happy Birthday Ryan! You are the coolest 6 year old I know! We are so lucky to have you in our family!
Looking back...
Ryan turns 5
Ryan turns 4
Ryan turns 3
Ryan turns 2
Ryan turns 1
Ryan is born!












3 comments:
Can't believe that boy is six! I love the links to his previous birthday posts. What a great family history!
Happy Birthday Ryan! I'm still so sad we missed it. And we were SO CLOSE to buying a Lego Ninjago dragon set for him...I'm glad Tucker decided on the crazy rabbits instead. ;) Can't believe he's SIX! These boys are getting so old! (which means we must be getting old...?!)
I think it is cool that you've done such fun things that your kids want them to be traditions and happen every year. :) That Walmart cake is really pretty. Danny is really into Ninja Turtles right now, too.
Post a Comment